Last update: May 12 2018.
This Privacy information is written in accordance with the obligations of the articles 13-14 of the European Union Regulation (EU) 2016/679
We collect, store and use your personal data that you directly provide us while visiting our website, confirming the purchase of one of our services, subscribing to our newsletter or contacting us.
If you are less than 13 years old (for USA visitors) or 16 years old (for EU visitors or for visitors from elsewhere), you must ask the approval from your parent/caregiver before you send your personal information to this website. If we believe that one of our users is a minor and we received his personal data without due consent, we will cancel this data within a reasonable period.
The data that we collect are
- Your name, email address, postal code, country, language of preference, IP address and any other information that you share with us while filling our contact form or while purchasing a service.
- The details of each transaction done on our website, including the amount, currency and the mean of payment. We do not store your credit card or your bank account details: payment transactions are managed by third party services that operate on our behalf.
- Answers to elective surveys or polls that we may ask you to fill.
- Support requests that you may send us via email or filling the specific form.
- Your website access data that are necessary to dispense the services purchased.
- Other information that you may deliberately send us through a form on our website or that you may share with us while contacting us.
The data that we may collect are
- Your social media IDs or the information shared with us through your social media accounts.
- Third-party authentication status if you are visiting the website using a mobile application (for example, if you are connected to Facebook at that moment or other social media accounts).
- Our email opening data or the clicks on our email links.
- Copies of your website for backup purpose (safety copies).
The data that we collect from all visitors are
- Technical information about website usage, which kind of browser they use and the version of it, their PC operating system.
- Their IP address.
On what legal basis we treat your data
When we treat your personal data for the purposes set out on this information sheet, we base on one or more of these legal foundations:
- Consensus: we ask your consensus to use your data, to send you details about our offers, to send you targeted advertising and profiling.
- Contractual framework: when entering into any kind of contractual agreement with us your personal data will be treated for the purposes of the service.
- Legal obligations: when strictly necessary we will treat your personal data to comply with a legal or fiscal binding obligation.
How we use your data
We use personal information that we collect to supply you with the requested service, to innovate our technology and optimise your navigation experience.
We use your personal information to
- Dispense purchased services.
- Send you information about our work through any channel that you have consented: e-mail, phone/SMS and/or messages on social medias.
- To send you information and make it easier for you to share it on social networks.
- To create marketing campaigns targeted to promote our work.
- To verify your identity and send you an email to thank you for the purchase of our service or for subscribing to our newsletter.
We may use the personal data of all website visitors to
- Admin and improve the website and optimise it infrastructure.
- Analyse the way you use the website using tools such as Google Analytics and others tools to help us testing the content performances and the website functionality, to help us understand traffic models and knowing if there are any problems on the website.
- Improve the communication by recording the interactions done on the website, via email or on social networks.We kindly invite to take note that when you purchase a service or make any action on this website your virtual user profile gets automatically created and you can update at any time your personal data and preferences.
This virtual profile allows you to manage the services, your personal data and your order history.
How we share your information
We do not sell your personal data and we disclose them only to the parties described below, as prescribed by law, or with trusted third-parties with your permission.
- Contractors and employees: our contractors or employees may have access to your contact data, including your name, e-mail address, phone number and your social IDs, website access data for which the service is required, to contact regarding a specific service. They may contact directly or through a contact tool for third parties that our company manages.
- Suppliers of services: we work with some suppliers of services, in particular our database administrators, services of cloud computing, help desk services, advertising services, data analysis services, and password management services. These suppliers are bound to ensure the utmost confidentiality by contract. They are not authorised to use or divulge your personal data, except in relation to the supply of their services.
If you buy a service with a renewable subscription, your payment data will be saved in the payment system chosen and you will explicitly grant us your consent to proceed with recurring payments. We do not store your credit card number neither the details of your bank account. It is possible to modify your payment preferences on your profile page.
- Affiliate third parties: in the future following to a merger, an acquisition, a reorganisation or similar operation, we may transfer your personal data to third parties.
We will continue to protect the confidentiality of your personal data and we inform you before transferring them. If significant changes will happen regarding the treatment of your personal data, we will inform you and give you the opportunity to consent to these changes.
- Data-protection: we will share your personal data with companies, organisations or individual outside our company if we believe in good faith that the access, use, preservation or divulgation of personal data is reasonably necessary to detect or protect against frauds or security problems, to respect our general conditions, to satisfy any legit request from an authority or court order, to defend ourselves from legal claims, to protect our legal rights or our security.
How we protect your data
Your data may be transferred and stored abroad.
We comply with industry standard practices, like the use of firewall and cryptography to safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, from alteration, from distribution, from misuse and from destruction. The transmission of the details of payment and other personal data is protected by secure and encrypted connections.
We adopt reasonable actions to ensure that cross-border data transfers are complying with applicable data protection laws and we work with processors of third parties, which are UE-USA Privacy Shield, and Swiss-US Privacy Shield certified, or which use standard contractual clauses that bind all parties to protect the data safety and privacy.
We store personal data for all the necessary time to fulfil the scope of collection, if not differently required by law. If you ask us to interrupt sending news or other communication or to cancel your data, we do it and keep on storing the minimum data required to prevent frauds and make sure that you will not be contacted again.
How you can update and modify your data
You can review and update your personal data on your profile page and on the page Privacy Tools. You can also change your cookie settings at any time. For users from the European Union, European Economic Area and Switzerland, there is also the right to:
- Accessing personal data;
- Obtaining the correction or cancellation of data, or limiting the processing of them;
- Objecting the processing of data;
- Data portability;
- Withdrawing the consent, where possible: the withdrawal of the consent shall not compromise the lawfulness of the processing based on the consensus given before the revocation. The withdrawal of the consent includes the option to cancel from the subscription to our mailing list at any time, or contacting us to ask to be cancelled from our SMS lists.
- Lodging a complaint to the supervisory authority (Data Protection Working Party).
For your protection, we can only share and update personal data linked to the email address that you use to send us your request and we may need to verify your identity before doing it. We will answer to these kind of requests in a reasonable time. We kindly ask you not to send any sensitive personal data, your password or credit card details by email.
Connections to third-party websites
How you can cancel your registration
If at any time you want to cancel the subscription to our mailing list, you can do it by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on any email sent.
It is also possible to send requests regarding the data processing on your profile page and on the Privacy Tools page.
The data controller is WP-OK which is domiciled in:
Pieter Langendijkstraat 33-4, 1054XX, Amsterdam (Netherlands).
WP-OK, Pieter Langendijkstraat 33-4, 1054XX Amsterdam (Netherlands)